1. I was quoted £748.00, over £100 more for a service on my Range Rover with Hunters Norwich, than with 2 other Land Rover main dealers. Once they were told, they matched the lower quote immediately. Why over quote in the first place?
2. I asked the service team to diagnose an engine noise in addition to the service. Hunters gave a very vague diagnosis and the quote was based on changing a number of parts, “just in case” (I could have done that myself, free and saved myself £60 for the guesstimate)
3. Land Rover claimed my rear wash wiper had ceased and that they could free it up for £26.
Funny as it worked on the way to Land Rover, and on the way back despite not having the work done!
4. Land Rover diagnosed a small oil leak on the engine, no further information unless I agreed to pay £150.00 to diagnose.
5. Land Rover diagnosed excessive play in my suspension at 92831 miles!
MOT tested at 92630 only 200 miles before the service and no Advisory’s!!!
6. The finale... drove the car some 20 miles home following the service and checked my documents. Land Rover must have been so busy trying to open my wallet that they have forgotten to stamp my service book... how annoying as after all this is what we pay twice the price of the actual service costs for, isn’t it???
Avoid at all costs!