We know at Inchcape that our people are our greatest asset, and we believe in rewarding our people fairly for the role they play, regardless of gender.
Our reported pay gap has been impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions, with our dealerships having been largely closed for a significant proportion of time and the guidance that employees who were furloughed should not be included in this year’s pay gap analysis.
What we are doing to make a difference
As a result for 2020, our reported mean gender pay gap is 15.3% and our median gender pay gap is 20.0%. When reviewed on a like for like (LFL) basis, ie including those furloughed at their normal level of pay, our pay gap is 11.6% at a reported mean and 15.0% at median which is a decrease on 2019.
As is typical in the automotive sector, roles with a high proportion of their reward linked to commission or bonus, for example Sales Executives, are predominantly populated by males.
Equally, we have a higher proportion of females in roles where their reward is primarily salary with lower or no bonus opportunity. As a result, 77.7% of males received a bonus last year compared to 63.7% of females. Our mean bonus gap is 39.7% and median bonus gap is 49.5%, a material reduction on last year.
We remain committed to continuing to close our gender pay gap and becoming a more gender diverse business. As such, we will continue to:
- Remain actively involved in key forums such as the UK automotive 30% club which looks to drive better gender diversity and
reduce the gender pay gap in the sector;
- Examine female progression within the business, putting in place development plans and fast-tracking progress as
- Explicitly train all employees on the topic of diversity and inclusion, with additional training for all line managers;
- Review and relaunch of our Diversity and Inclusion policy; and
- Review and refresh our Diversity and Inclusion focus areas for 2021, in alignment with our global strategic priority of
Louise Manzano - Human Resources Director, Inchcape UK
Download a full copy of the 2020 gender pay gap report here
Download a full copy of the 2019 gender pay gap report here
Download a full copy of the 2018 gender pay gap report here