We know Inchcape people are the Company’s greatest asset, and we believe in rewarding our people fairly for the role they play, regardless of gender.
For 2019, our mean gender pay gap is 12.5% and our median gender pay gap is 15.5%, down from 16.2% last year and below the 2019 national average of 17.3%:
Gender Pay Bonus Gap
As is typical in the automotive sector, roles with a high proportion of their reward linked to commission or bonus, for example Sales Executives, are predominantly populated by males. Equally, we have a higher proportion of females in roles where their reward is primarily salary with lower bonus opportunity.
As a result, 79.2% of males received a bonus last year compared to 67.2% of females and our mean bonus gap is 43.3% and median bonus gap is 61.2%:
Proportion of employees receiving a bonus
What we are doing to make a difference
We remain committed to continuing to close our gender pay gap and becoming a more gender diverse business. As such, we will continue to:
- Remain involved in key forums such as the UK automotive 30% club which actively looks to reduce the gender pay gap in the sector;
- Examine female progression within the business, putting in place development plans and fast-tracking progress as appropriate;
- Request 50% female recruitment shortlists where appropriate;
- Explicitly train all employees on the topic of diversity and inclusion;
- Explore an external mentoring programme specifically for females in 2020; and
- Review and refresh our diversity and inclusion focus areas for 2020.
Chief Executive Officer, Inchcape UK
Human Resources Director, Inchcape UK