Last updated: 25th June 2020
We are open and here to help
Our Aftersales Facilities and Showrooms are now fully open. We recognise that it’s important that when you visit our dealerships, it is safe to do so. So we’ve been busy making sure we have ‘keeping safe’ measures in place to keep you and our colleagues safe.
For added peace of mind and following feedback from our customers, we are maintaining the 2 metre social distancing measures as we have sufficient space in our dealerships to do so. To help you, we have placed 2 metre distancing and navigational markers around our sites to guide you safely through our showroom.
Every precaution will be taken to look after and protect our customers and colleagues. In addition to social distancing, there will be regular and enhanced cleaning procedures as well as stringent hygiene protocols with all necessary sanitising products.
Here’s what to expect when you visit our showrooms and aftersales facilities.
Here’s some of the social distancing measure we have put in place to help customers and colleagues to keep safe:• 2 metre social distancing markers have been placed in relevant areas of the dealership (including the workshop) and navigational markers are displayed on the floor to guide you safely through the showroom.
• Protective screens have been installed at our sales and service desks.
• Sanitisation stations are in place in all main areas of the showroom for everyone to use throughout their visit with us, particularly on arrival and when leaving.
• Appointments will be made to limit the amount of visitors at any given time in the showroom and service area.
• We’re asking customers to limit their group to no more than two people where possible when visiting, and if you or your family are unwell, please keep your distance and call us instead.
• Test Drives are still available, however in order to maintain the recommended social distance, test drives will be unaccompanied moving forward, on a predetermined route*.
• We have re-organised our seating in our waiting area in line with Government Guidance.
• We have removed our reading material and our refreshments station during this time for customer and colleague protection.
• We carry-out an initial deep clean of our workshop on a daily basis before we open.
• We will arrange a pre-call with the service advisor or the technician working on your vehicle, if you would like to discuss anything before we begin work on your vehicle.
• Collection and delivery* is still available however we will be prioritising our vulnerable and elderly customers, so thank you for your understanding. Our drivers will be wearing suitable PPE in accordance with government guidance, will use antibacterial spray to wipe down the interior and door handles and will maintain social distancing.
• Essential PPE is provided to our teams, and our technicians will be wearing disposable gloves at all times when moving or working on vehicles, and will utilise disposable covers when required.
• Each vehicle that passes through the workshop will be fully sanitised; all contact points will be cleaned including vehicle keys.
• We have implemented a COVID-19 vehicle valeting process to ensure effective sanitation both inside and outside the vehicle – we are asking customers to switch off their air conditioning unit, and to remove any personal belongings from the vehicle prior to dropping it off, so we can effectively sanitise the vehicle.
• Improved communication with our customers – we have created safety videos detailing our procedures which will be sent to all customers prior to appointments.
• We have reviewed our processes and will encourage customers to complete as much as possible of the buying process remotely, where feasible and subject to agreement.
• For those customers who prefer not to visit the showroom we will be able to offer Vehicle Handovers* and Vehicle Appraisals* at your home – however, this is subject to availability and we will prioritise our elderly and more vulnerable customers. Thank you for your understanding.
• We are encouraging card payments only.
*subject to availability and terms and conditions apply
Frequently Asked Questions (Updated: 26th May 2020)
Please keep visiting this area for the latest information.
Following the government guidance in March and the restrictions that had been announced, we closed our showrooms and partially closed our Aftersales Facilities and have been available online to answer your enquiries, and operating limited service through a selection of our Service Departments in order to support NHS Key Workers and keep Emergency Vehicles moving. Now those government restrictions have eased all our locations our now fully open.
• Aftersales Facility – 26th May 2020
• Showroom and Forecourt – 1st June 2020
From 1st June, we are fully operational. From 26th May we can service, and repair vehicles, from 1st June you can visit our showrooms, forecourts, safety test drive and take delivery of your new vehicle.
In order to adequately maintain social distancing requirements, we are asking customers to contact us before visiting, so that we can limit the number of customers in our dealerships at any one time. Whilst you are more than welcome in our dealerships please try and limit groups to no more than two people. Finally, if you become unwell or have displayed any of the signs of Coronavirus please help us to keep our working environment safe and stay at home and call us instead.
Yes of course, for all new and existing orders the team will be working hard to ensure your new vehicle is prepared and ready for delivery. Please call your Sales Executive to talk through delivery options.
Yes, test drives will be available, please speak to your local dealership and we will make sure the vehicle is ready and waiting for you to enjoy. To reassure you about your safety during the test drive we have adopted a comprehensive customer protection programme in our dealerships taking into account all social distancing requirements. These measures include decontaminating the vehicle before you drive it, providing latex gloves and allowing you to drive unaccompanied whilst fully insured, via a predetermined route. To ensure your appointment runs smoothly on the day please remember to bring your driving licence with you as this is essential.
If your vehicle was due a Service or MOT during the closed period, our team are currently making contact with customers and if we haven’t already been in touch, please can you call us on the relevant number below to arrange your booking:
- Audi 0333 222 8335
- BMW/Motorrad 0330 333 5590
- JLR 0333 222 8320
- Lexus 0333 222 0968
- MB/smart 0333 222 0901
- MINI 0333 222 0926
- Toyota 0333 222 8338
- VW 0333 222 8322
- VWCV 0333 230 1860
Your vehicle is a priority and we endeavour to have it repaired as soon as possible. You should have been contacted directly with an update. If you need to contact us regarding your vehicle please ring through to the dealership and select the Service Option.
We will be able to offer Vehicle Handovers and a Vehicle Appraisal at your home for those customers who prefer not to visit the showroom – however we will prioritise our elderly and more vulnerable customers. Thank you for your understanding.
Collection and delivery is still available however we will be prioritising our vulnerable and elderly customers. Our drivers will be wearing suitable PPE in accordance with government guidance, will use antibacterial spray to wipe down the interior and door handles and will maintain social distancing.
Every precaution will be taken to look after and protect our customers and colleagues, in particular, social distancing will be maintained in customer and staff areas across the site, there will be regular and enhanced cleaning procedures as well as stringent hygiene protocols with all necessary sanitising products.
This includes increased sanitisation stations, adopting good social distancing measures with 2m navigational markers on the floor to guide you safety through the showroom, Perspex/protective screens at service and sales desks, contactless payments where possible and a change in our processes to ensure that your journey with us is as contactless and safe as possible..
Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 Certificate
The government have announced vehicle owners are to be granted MOT exemption in battle against coronavirus.
If your MOT due date is for Monday 30th March 2020 or after, please note that MOT due dates for cars, motorcycles and light vans have been extended by the government for 6 months until further announcements. For the latest up to date DVSA guidance on this, please visit www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-due-from-30-march-2020
If your MOT is due on a date up to and including Sunday 29th March 2020, please refer to the following DVSA guidance www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-due-before-30-march-2020
We would advise that you contact the finance company that your PCP agreement is with. Their contact details will be found within your finance agreement documentation and also on the finance company’s website.
Each of the finance companies that we work with is taking steps to help customers during this time, especially those that are having difficulties making their monthly payments. This includes the option to reduce or even ‘freeze’ monthly payments for a short period. Guidance on this varies by finance company so we would recommend that you visit the relevant company’s website using the appropriate link below and follow their instructions should you wish to take advantage of this facility:
- Toyota Financial Services
- Lexus Financial Services
- Land Rover Financial Services
- Jaguar Financial Services
- BMW Financial Services
- MINI Financial Services
- Mercedes Benz Financial Services
- Volkswagen Financial Services
- Audi Financial Services
- Porsche Financial Services
- Black Horse Finance
- Santander Consumer Finance
- Northridge Finance
If you plan to leave the Scheme at the end of your lease, please contact Motability on 0300 456 4566 so they can discuss arrangements with you.
For all the latest updates from Motability, please visit: https://news.motability.co.uk/scheme-news/updates-from-the-motability-scheme-regarding-covid-19-coronavirus/
Our Customer Experience Team will continue to manage queries and complaints should any be outstanding, but please do allow us some additional time as we work as quickly as possible to resolve this for you as we operate remotely with a reduced team – firstname.lastname@example.org