New Jaguar Electric / Plug-in Hybrid Cars Search our range of brand new Electric and Plug-in cars from Inchcape Jaguar
Used Jaguar Electric & Hybrid Cars Explore our used Jaguar hybrid & electric vehicles
Book a Jaguar Electric/Plug-In Hybrid Test Drive Make the switch to an EV Jaguar today
Find a centre Find and contact your nearest Inchcape Jaguar centre
Jaguar Electric Cars and Plug-in Hybrid Cars
The Jaguar I-PACE is Jaguar's first all-electric sports car, designed as a true driver's car featuring dual electric motors produce 294kw, allowing the I-PACE to accelerate from 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds. The I-PACE provides sports car agility and performance. The exterior is designed to be low drag whilst still being true to its Jaguar DNA.
Inside the I-PACE the interior is clean and uncluttered with a one-touch infotainment system. As well as luxury materials and trim elements which combined with ambient lighting create a classy feeling.
Find out more with Jaguar Inchcape.
Hybrid vs Electric
Plug-in-hybrid (PHEV) cars offer the perfect compromise between combustion engine cars and all electric, combining performance, efficiency and range. Benefits include:
- Lower emissions - PHEV can be driven in pure electric mode to drive without producing any emissions. PHEV can drive with up to 55% lower emissions overall compared to a petrol car.
- Cheaper to run - PHEV cars can achieve higher MPG and produce lower emissions than a conventional car so fuel and tax costs are lower.
- Long range compared to pure electric - PHEV cars have the benefit of using petrol or diesel so can be quickly refueled and store more fuel than a battery for longer range.
- Can recharge themselves whilst driving - PHEV benefit from being plugged in but can also recharge as they drive.
Electric cars are increasingly popular. Despite car sales decreasing by 29.4% in 2020, electric car sales in 2020 were up by 185.9% compared to 2019. Running an electric car has many benefits:
- Cheaper to run - recharging an EV is 58% cheaper than refueling a petrol car.
- Cheaper to maintain and more reliable - fewer moving parts means servicing is cheaper as there are less parts to wear out.
- Better for the environment - whilst driving an electric car emits no emissions, using renewable energy to charge reduces your carbon footprint further.
- Driving Dynamics - instant torque from standstill ensures a more responsive driving experience.
- UK Government's Plug-in Car Grant - government support can make buying an electric car more cost effective than a petrol car.
The Jaguar E-PACE blends sports car design with SUV practicality, featuring bold design details, LED headlights and stylish alloy wheels.
The E-PACE comes with a choice of engines including Mild Hybrid petrol and diesel engines (MHEV) and the Plug‑in Hybrid (PHEV) variant. The MHEV engine range starts at £32,575 for the D165, the most powerful MHEV is the P250. The P300e is a PHEV with a petrol engine and electric motor producing 309 PS which allows the P300e to accelerate from 0-60mph in 6.1 seconds, whilst also being able to drive up to 34 miles on pure electric power.
Find out more with Jaguar Inchcape.
Jaguar's mild hybrid (MHEV) engine technology intelligently recovers energy that would normally be lost when slowing down. The energy is stored in an underfloor battery so it can be reused to boost engine power to increase performance and allow engine off coasting to increase fuel efficiency and lower emissions. The engine technology can be found in both Jaguar's petrol and diesel engines.
Jaguar Mild Hybrid Cars:
Jaguar's plug-in-hybrid (PHEV) engine technology features a petrol engine and much larger battery with an electric motor specifically to allow the car to drive on electric power alone. The powerful petrol engine and electric motor combine to give you optimum performance and efficiency.
Different driving modes adapt to the driving conditions, in EV mode the car drives purely on electric power for efficiency and refinement, hybrid mode combines the engine and electric motor. The battery can be charged by plugging the car in and via regenerative braking which captures the energy normally lost whilst braking.
Jaguar PHEV Cars:
- F-PACE - 33 mile electric range
- E-PACE - 34 mile electric range